15 January 2019, Dublin (Ireland)
Start time: 11:00 – End time: 17:30
Co-located wit the 9th MCM of COST IRACON
Millimetre-wave frequencies have been extensively studied during the recent years as the potential candidate bands for allocating mobile access services in 5G and beyond. A future with dense deployments of mobile network nodes working at such frequency bands is foreseen, mainly for environments where demand of extreme mobile broadband connectivity is concentrated, like in the build environments, either indoors or urban outdoors.
IRACON (www.iracon.org) is the COST Action on Radio Communications aimed to the design and analysis for the 5th-generation (5G) and beyond-5G radio networks. IRACON participants develop accurate radio channel models for scenarios including, but not limited to, heterogeneous cells, body area networks and vehicular communications, using carrier frequencies above UHF up to Terahertz. WaveComBE (www.wavecombe.eu) is an Industrial and Training Network of the Marie Sklodovska-Curie Action, dealing with the ultra-dense deployment of millimetre-wave (mmW) small-cells (SCs) in conjunction with massive multiple-input multiple output (MIMO) in 5G and beyond 5G (B5G) wireless networks.
WaveComBE and IRACON Committees are offering this joint training workshop on the current advances on millimetre-wave radio channel modelling that both communities have produced recently. The objective of the workshop is to provide a comprehensive insight of the propagation aspects of mm-Wave frequencies, the various techniques for channel modelling in these bands, and the system level aspects of implementation and practical aspects, mainly on antennas and MIMO systems when applied above 30GHz.
Registration is available through www.iracon.org and it is free of charge for WaveComBE and IRACON members.
Training Workshop: 15 January 2019, 11am – 5.30pm
MC and WG meetings: from 16 January 2019 at 9am, until 18 January 2019 no later than 3.30pm
Dublin City University,
All Hallows Campus, Dublin 9, Ireland
- Registration to the meeting and the workshop: 17 December 2018
- Request of TD number: 17 December 2018
- Submission of TD: 8 January 2019
- Narcis Cardona, iTEAM – U.P. Valencia, ES
- Sana Salous, University of Durham, UK
- Katsuyuki Haneda, Aalto University, FI
- Conor Brennan, Dublin City University, IR
- Vittorio Degli-Sposti, UniBO, IT
- José María Molina, UPCT, ES
- Andrés Alayon, Univ of Twente, NL
- Katsuyuki Haneda, Aalto Univ., FI
- Pieter Demuytere, Televic, BE
- Diego Dupleich, TU Ilmenau, DE
- Athanasios Vasileiadis, U. of Sheffield, UK
- Johannes Eckhardt, TU Braunschweig, DE
- Jie Zhang, RanPlan, UK
- Jonas Medbo/Satyam Dwivedi Ericsson, SE
More information is available in the IRACON website, at the following pages:
- 9th MC and Technical meeting: http://www.iracon.org/meeting/9th-mc-meeting-and-9th-technical-meeting/
- Joint Training Workshop: http://www.iracon.org/workshops/joint-iracon-wavecombe-training-workshop-15-january-2019-dublin-ireland/